Could You Lower your LifeLine or Cell Phone Bill?
What is Lifeline/NTAP Program?
- NTAP assists qualifying low-income individuals with obtaining and keeping telephone service by lowering monthly service.
- Lifeline/NTAP reduces the cost of local phone service by up to $8.75 per month on one landline/wireless phone bill or provides minutes to an eligible cellular phone service. Additional discounts may be available for voice/internet bundles.
- Some telephone companies do not participate with this program.
- The discount will appear as a credit on your monthly telephone bill or minutes will be uploaded to an eligible account.
- No cash or checks will be distributed.
- The telephone bill must be in the name of, or contain the name of, the applicant.
Who is eligible for Lifeline/NTAP Program?
Programs accepted for customer eligibility of Lifeline/NTAP participation:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplements Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension Benefit/Survisors Pension Benefit
If you do not participation in any qualifying programs, you may qualify by demonstrating that your income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty income guidelines. A table reflecting 135% of the federal poverty guidelines can be found at https://www.lifelinesupport.org/do-i-qualify/.
How do I apply for Lifeline/NTAP Program?
To receive an application form: Contact a phone provider, go online and complete an online application at: NV.FCC.gov or print off an application form - Click Here
Provide proof of eligible program form - Click Here
NOTE: You are only allowed to get one Lifeline benefit per household. If you are unsure about the number of households at your address, review the Lifeline Household Worksheet.
Lifeline Program Household Worksheet
Mail your completed application to: Lifeline Support Center, PO Box 7081, London, KY 40742, along with proof of eligible program participation (for providing proof of eligible program see "providing proof of eligible program" form)
To participate in the Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) applicants must also submit a Citizenship Attestation form. Print and complete a Citizenship Attestation form - Click Here
Mail your completed Citizenship Attestation form to: NTAP, PO Box 94927, Lincoln, NE 68509
REQUEST AN APPLICATION PACKET
If you would like an application packet mailed to you, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the name and address you want the application to be sent to within the e-mail body.
For a list of phone companies that currently participate in the Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program/nationally known as the Lifeline Program - Click Here